Bernard Tekpetey is one of four Ghanaian players who have made it into the top 20 fastest players that featured in the 2019/2020 German Bundesliga season.
The Schalke 04 attacker joined Fortuna Dusseldorf prior to the start of the campaign on a 2-year loan deal.
Due to injuries, he has not been able to showcase his full potential. In the few matches he has played in, his blistering pace has been a headache for opposition defenders.
Ranking the fastest players in the Bundesliga, Bernard Tekpetey [35,30 km/h ] comes in 10th as Achraf Hakimi tops all with a speed of 36,49 km/h.
Other players of Ghanaian roots who make the list are Alphonso Davies (Bayern München), and Christopher Antwi-Adjei (Paderborn).
Check the full list below:
The Bundesliga’s top 20 sprinters in the 2019/20 season:
- Achraf Hakimi (Dortmund), 36,49 km/h
- Moussa Diaby (Leverkusen), 35,95 km/h
- Kingsley Ehzibue (FC Köln), 35,85 km/h
- Kingsley Coman (Bayern München), 35,66 km/h
- Marcus Thuram (Gladbach), 35,60 km/h
- Jeremiah St. Juste (Mainz), 35,60 km/h
- Ihlas Bebou (Hoffenheim), 35,57 km/h
- Sheraldo Becker (Union Berlin), 35,43 km/h
- Breel Embolo (Gladbach), 35,31 km/h
- Bernard Tekpetey (Fortuna Düsseldorf), 35,30 km/h
- Alphonso Davies (Bayern München), 35,29 km/h
- Lukas Klostermann (RB Leipzig), 35,10 km/h
- André Hahn (Augsburg), 35,10 km/h
- Christopher Antwi-Adjei (Paderborn), 35,08 km/h
- Christian Günter (Freiburg), 35,06 km/h
- Gerrit Holtmann (Paderborn), 35,05 km/h
- Jacob Bruun Larsen (Hoffenheim), 35,02 km/h
- Karim Bellarabi (Leverkusen), 35,01 km/h
- Timo Werner (RB Leipzig), 34,97 km/h
- Rabbi Matondo (Schalke 04), 34,95 km/h